- A presentation on “Harnessing the Power of Web Video.” We talked about the importance of marketing as a key element of successful Web video.
- A group deconstruction of messaging techniques and the call to action in a sample MiniMatters Web video.
- A discussion of editing techniques and strategies.
- A role play exercise designed to demonstrate techniques for securing good interview clips during their future interview project.
- Responding to technical questions about incorporating video into blogs and uploading video to different online video platforms.
Utterly false. The amazing Lois Lipman’s wonderful students at the University of Maryland showed us on Wednesday how wrong it is to think that young people, those “digital natives,” know everything about Web video…or even think they do. Our presentation as guest instructors in the Communication through Social Media class consisted of: