Video on Twitter Lends Itself to Certain Kinds of SubjectsThat six-second limitation means that you’re not making a complex point in any video on Twitter. But we think that businesses and nonprofits will be exploring the possibilities Vine offers (or perhaps a competing app with similar specs) for a long time to come. Here’s a video on Twitter that we made:
You can see how fast and furious this video passes; as such it’s important that video on Twitter have a small amount of content. As Hubspot warns, doing too much, as the Gap did with their video on Twitter, can overwhelm the viewer. However, the evolution of a logo makes a great Vine video. Some other possible uses:
Comment on our blog in March to win free YouTube consulting. http://t.co/Dfk4gUtIZS— MiniMatters (@MiniMatters) March 7, 2013
- Six seconds with your employees. Especially if your employees do hands-on work like disaster clean-up, say, or chemistry. Watching them at their desks isn’t very interesting, but if most of your organization’s work is done at their desk, there are other possibilities–like the next bullet.
- Six seconds with your beneficiaries or customers or members. If your employees don’t have hands-on responsibilities, they probably help someone that does. See if you can post six seconds with the people that you train online to follow government regulations.
- Six seconds of fun. Does the course of your business include sports or other dynamic activities? Show those in a video.
Video on Twitter–Using Professional Video ProducersIt may not be practical to bring us in every day to help you make a six-second video. Also, posting video on Twitter suggests up-to-the-minute updates, and the structure of the app limits your ability to make a really professional-looking video. Still, there are a variety of ways we can help enhance any use of Vine you decide on. Some possibilities include:
- Marketing strategy. We have a good idea of how you can use video, even short ones, to market your business or organization. We can help you create a simple plan for Vine based on your goals.
- Let us teach you a little bit about handling a camera so your videos come out looking better.
- Let us film a cache of six-second videos you can roll out for a key initiative, like in the lead-up to a special event.